Salary Range: An additional $250-$750 in addition to your counselor salary.
Directly responsible to: Camp Director and Program Directors
Department Heads are responsible for initiating and implementing a program within a particular area. (Sports and Games, Arts & Crafts, Camp Craft, Performing Arts, TYCS, and Waterfront Director)
Specific responsibilities include:
- Create a meaningful program within the general goals of the camp for their particular department. An outline for this program should be submitted to Camp by POOP Week.
- Effectively train a staff to carry out this program.
- Consult with the Camp Director on matters concerning the department (i.e. staff, facilities, program, and purchases).
- Support Program Director in the implementation of ACA programs.
- Insuring that proper care is used concerning the department facilities and equipment.
- Participate in a two minute orientation program to introduce campers to your department’s activity period program on Sundays.
- Consult with the Director in ordering supplies before the season begins.
- When supplies are received: Inventory against packing slip and give to Director immediately.
- Prepare a written evaluation of department at the end of the season which includes an inventory and suggestions for future purchases.
- Personally teach some classes each week — as a role model for counselors and as a means of maintaining contact with campers.
- Enforce rules, policies, and values of Bishopswood.
- Work with CIT trainers to provide supervision and evaluation of CITs assigned to work in their department.
- Conduct a performance review conference with each counselor at least twice during the summer.
- Plan and announce free time activities every day.
- Ring the bell.
- Keep department very clean.
In the absence of the Camp Director, will represent the Director’s interpretation of policy in making decisions during these intervals.